Built Heritage Services include:
- Conservation Area Appraisals and Assessments: identify and characterise areas of special architectural and historic interest.
- Historic Building Assessments: is often required before planning permission to ensure that the historic character of a building is dealt with sympathetically if it is to be re-used or to ensure that a record is made before demolition.
- Buildings at Risk Survey: these surveys characterise local distinctiveness to inform planning and land management policy and guidance.
- Specialist Building Illustration
Heritage Management Services include:
- Conducting Heritage Statements and Desk-Based Assessments: these are often required as first stages of a planning application. They systematically bring together all known heritage information to make an informed assessment to predict what may be encountered on a given site.
- Conducting Environmental Impact Assessments: these provide an informed assessment and rigorously assess the likely impacts of the project and are required for larger projects.
- Drawing up Conservation Plans: setting out how to best manage heritage assets and assessing development proposals in their area.
- Carrying out Strategic Surveys and Heritage Audits
- Heritage Consultancy Services
- Heritage Site and Project Management
- Expert Witness for Public Inquiries: we provide advocacy to support clients in Planning Applications and in Public Inquiries.
Historic Landscape Services include:
- Historic Landscape Assessment and Characterisation: They allow an integrated approach to understanding landscape sensitivity.
- Monument Condition Surveys: provides an accurate topographic survey and reports on the actual condition of sites so that any change can be monitored.